Additional Companies Recall Valsartan Products
July 27, 2018 – The U.S. FDA has expanded the list of companies believed to be impacted by the valsartan recall. The following entities have either recalled or are expected to recall valsartan-containing products:
- Bryant Ranch Prepack, Inc.
- H. J. Harkins Company, Inc.
- Lake Erie Medical (doing business as Quality Care Products LLC)
- NuCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Northwind Pharmaceuticals
- Proficient Rx
- A-S Medication Solutions LLC
The FDA advises that not all valsartan-containing products from the companies listed above may be impacted. Additional updates regarding the recall, including lists of affected and unaffected valsartan-containing products, can be found at:
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of a recalled product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program either online, by U.S. mail or by fax.
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm
- U.S. Mail or Fax: Download form www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178
Actual drug patent expiration dates and availability of new medications are subject to change due to patent litigation, settlement agreements, additional patents, exclusivities, and final FDA approval. Distribution and availability of new medications at pharmacies may not occur immediately following FDA approval. Patients are advised to speak with their healthcare professional or pharmacist regarding appropriateness as well as actual availability.
*This is provided for information only. The reference to any medication above does not mean the medication is covered by your plan.